Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo allays injury concern


Real Madrid talisman Cristiano Ronaldo has downplayed today’s injury scare, insisting he will feature in Saturday’s Champions League Final.

The Los Blancos forward left the training pitch early in a grimace after colliding with goalkeeper Kiko Casilla, with rumours circulating that the Portuguese star may miss this weekend’s European Cup Final against arch-rivals Atletico Madrid.
Yet after receiving treatment, Ronaldo then spoke to reporters, insisting there was no need for concern.
"It was a little scare, but I'll be fine in a couple of days,” the 31-year-old said. “I feel good and I will definitely be there on Saturday.”
"I am getting better. I had a small problem toward the end of the season, which is only normal because I have played more games than any other player. But I am feeling very well."
Ronaldo leads the scoring charts with 16 goals in the Champions League this season, and is just one shy of equalling his record tally of 17 set two seasons ago, yet he insists the record is not on his mind.
"The record is mine whether I score in the final or not," he said. "I would obviously love to score, but if I don't score, someone else will.
"It will be the game of our life and I think we will win. We are the two best teams around and that is why we are in the final. I think we are the better team, but we have to put in a good performance.
"Atletico always play their own game. It is no coincidence that Barcelona and Bayern could not beat them."
Kick-off at the San Siro on Saturday is set for 20:4

No comments:

Post a Comment